Pages

Monday 8 December 2014

Boredom and Motivation

In four days time it will have been 6 months since I started my maternity leave. Six very long months. I'm now reaching a point where I am extremely bored. I adore my children, but I am just not a stay at home mum. And with my studies now finished for the year, I haven't had a lot to do.

This has resulted in me taking up 2 very bad activities:

Eating a LOT of junk food and shopping.

Now I'm sure why you can understand that these activities aren't the greatest things for me to be doing. To start with my waist line and energy levels aren't entirely happy with my newfound love for cakes and chocolate (who am I kidding? I've always loved these things!) I've also been put on a special diet by my Doctor due to stomach problems. I haven't stuck to this diet at all since that happened!

Shopping is killing my bank account, and my house. All the work I have done so far since starting on this venture has almost been a total waste thanks to my unnecessary shopping. Clearly my Consumer Addiction has started to show up again.

I haven't really spent much time cleaning out lately, mainly due to laziness - which I am not proud of. However with my partner finishing up work for the christmas holidays next Friday I'm looking forward to getting stuck into things with his help and motivation. We plan to hire a skip bin over the new year and throw out anything broken or too damaged, stained or old for donating to the salvos.

This journey has been a lot harder than I expected, and although I welcome the challenge, I am lacking a little in the motivation, particularly since feeling as though I am in a rut. I'm thankful and eagerly awaiting my return to work in the new year!

Linking up with Essentially Jess for IBOT


3 comments:

  1. I totally understand where you're coming from! I started my blog when my second baby was 8 months old because I needed something else to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you being excited about your return to work. It sounds like just what you need. When I was bored on mat leave and not yet ready to return to work I started my blog. Now I can't stop!! #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the opposite. I've loved being a SAHM and am a little anxious about returning to the work force next year. Having said that, half of my problem is I have no idea what I'm going to do.

    ReplyDelete