Pages

Monday 27 October 2014

Breaking Point

Today I reached breaking point in my house. It was a busy morning trying to get the kids ready and in the car to take my son to daycare. After drop off I had some shots to take for an assignment so I started the hunt for my tripod. Unfortunately my camera and tripod don't have a home so I just had to search.

It wasn't with the camera, I couldn't see it in the linen cupboard, which was where I thought I had last seen it. It wasnt in the wardrobe, or under the cot in my daughters room. After sending a very frustrated text to my partner at work I decided it HAD to be in the linen cupboard and started tearing it apart.

I found my tripod, behind a pile of towels. I also found a new level of frustration with the situation. If everything had a home this sort of thing wouldn't happen. If I didn't have so much stuff jammed into my linen cupboard and my walk-in-wardrobe I could've searched and found so much quicker and easier.

So clearly, although we don't have piles upon piles of stuff to navigate in our tiny 3 bedroom home, the fact that I spent almost 30 minutes searching for one of the most important pieces of equipment for my schooling, or that I couldnt tell you if we have received our latest credit card bill, or where the most recently paid water bill is means we have a slight problem. I can't wait to get stuck into creating a minimalist life for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment